Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey Readathon - Mid-event Survey!

Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?
Still reading Wildwood, by Colin Meloy.  I think I'm a slow reader.  Took a break, though (JaneyCanuck insisted I read a bit of Gone Girl - totally worth it).  I might switch to "Diaries of a Young Artist" soon.  It's little.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Just over half of Wildwood.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Perhaps finishing Wildwood?  Might set it aside for some Robert Block or P.G. Wodehouse short stories.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

I was up early to drive up to Guelph, but nothing other than that.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I *am* the interruption.  I'm reading with two other friends.  I'm peppering today with dramatic readings of some of my favourites.  Here's a picture of me reading Fahrenheit 451 to them:

Like a sir.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How long a children's book can be and still be acceptable.  

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I thought the separate sign-ups for cheerleaders was a little strange?  What does the initial sign-up do if it doesn't include that?

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

N/A

9. Are you getting tired yet?

A bit.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment